Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What triggers a Bipolar Episode

Just like symptoms, triggers are unique to each bipolar person.

My Husband's Biggest trigger is stress.
It's unfortunate. Life is stressful- for everybody. He can't handle the stress so he goes manic. Usually the episodes start slowly and build to a really bad point. But sometimes it happens really fast. He'll go completely- really bad manic- really fast.

The fact that stress is his main trigger is what worries me greatly and makes me worry so much about the future. There is stress everywhere. At home and at work. There will always stress, no matter what we do. But Mr Bipolar can't handle it. Of course the worse the stress then the worse the episode is.
More stress = faster start to an episode and it last longer.
I can't take all the stress out of our lives.
I really am worried that he won't able to work in 10 years. I try to make things as unstressful as possible at home. But I can't control his situation at work.
Because I have 2 kids to to take care of, I have to plan for the future- just in case.

I love my husband, but I hate his bipolar disorder.

No comments: