Monday, February 23, 2009

Love Your Bipolar Spouse, Hate the Disease

Easy? Not always.
It's not his fault he is bipolar. Yes, I know. I have heard this so many times. I've even said it a million times. It's true, I know it's true. Sometimes, like when your bipolar spouse is blaming you for everything wrong in their life, it's hard to remember.

My close friends and our family all know that my husband is Bipolar. They didn't know for a long time, but now- they are my allies in this fight against bipolar disorder. I have to have someone to talk to about all this. And I hope you do too. These people understand that because he is bipolar, everything my husband does is not his fault and he does not mean everything he says when he is having an episode. But, I have to say- these same people- they think I'm nuts. They know things aren't his fault because I tell them it's not his fault. I believe this is true. Understand- things not being his fault because he is bipolar is not the same as him being responsible even though he is bipolar. It's not his fault- but ultimately, he IS still responsible.
Anyway- back on subject, our friends and family think I'm crazy because I'm always saying- It's not his fault. Ya know- sometimes I think they may be right. Am I to forgiving? I think it's a fine line and we have to be careful.

My husband is bipolar- but I choose to stay here. No one made me.
I stay because I love my Husband- even if he is a manic depressive bipolar sufferer. I still love him, in fact I adore him. I am madly in love with him. I couldn't live without him.

But- this bipolar disorder- it's still his disease. It is part of him. I love him. I hate this disease

No comments: